When on October 22nd the “Invincible Busto Army” sank the former Italian champion Scavolini Pesaro with a resounding 3-0, Carli was about to join the Italian club coached by Carlo Parisi and to start her brand new adventure as a professional volleyball player. Two months passed before I personally had the chance to see her in action, and...who could imagine that despite the very short lapse of time, the American setter would be able to fit-in so perfectly with the patterns of the Butterflies? Indeed, Busto's victory over their arch-enemy Villa Cortese was thanks to Carli Lloyd's great management of her attackers. But how did she succeed in doing that without even speaking Italian? What is her secret? Hard work and a little help in Italian: “I was a bit worried about the fact that when I arrived in Busto the championship had already started. Actually, I had come for 10 days at the beginning of September before the games began, and I could tell at once that the standard was very...
Commenti
Posta un commento